City Arts Technical Assistance Grant
The City Arts Technical Assistance Grant is intended to provide support to an Alexandria-based arts organization to improve management capacity of the organization.
Two types of technical assistance grants are available: a non-matching grant for educational purposes or attendance at workshop, conference or professional meeting; OR a matching grant for small-scale enhancements to operational support equipment such as computers, software, fax equipment, copier, musical instruments, etc. The cash match must be met prior to submitting a Final Report, but no later than June 13, 2014. Funding from the City of Alexandria from other Departments cannot be used for the cash match. This grant is not intended for major long-term capital improvements. A Technical Assistance Grant cannot be used to provide recompense for a facilitator or other similar person conducting a workshop or focus group for an organization.
This grant type is offered on a “funds available” basis and is advertised with a special call.
There are no restrictions associated with applying for a Technical Assistance Grant in conjunction with any other grant type. However, organizations can only apply for one technical assistance grant per grant cycle. In addition to the general eligibility requirements noted in this Guide to Funding, City Arts Technical Assistance Grant applicants must:
- Have existed as an organization for one year prior to applying for a grant.
- Be able to provide (as part of the application) a minimum of one full year of financial history completed prior to the grant deadline.
- Must be an Alexandria-based organization. To be considered an Alexandria-based organization, the organization must have its administrative offices in the City of Alexandria, or be able to demonstrate a similar sustained physical organizational presence within the City. An organization conducting three-quarters or more of its regular board meetings within the City for the 12 months prior to the grant deadline and during the grant period, shall be considered an Alexandria-based organization.
- Have performed no fewer than five public programs and/or events in Alexandria within the 12 months prior to the grant deadline.
- Submit one technical assistance request during any grant cycle.
Grant Specific Required Attachments: - City Arts Technical Assistance Grant:
Follow this outline when preparing the grant. The program outline acts as a guide for writing the grant and articulates grant specific attachments. Collate the grant packet in the exact order of the grant outline.
- Narrative description of workshop, seminar, class or conference highlighting specific management topics to be discussed or a description of small scale enhancements to operational support equipment to be purchased.
- List the names and titles of the attendees from the organization for workshop, seminar, class or conference. Or a list of individuals from the organization that will utilize the support equipment to be purchased.
- Describe how attendance at the event will improve the management or artistic capabilities of the organization. Or description of how the purchase of the support equipment will improve the management capabilities of the organization.
- Provide a (single copy) brochure or advertisement for the event if available, or previous year offering of the same workshop, seminar, class or conference. Or provide photo or support information of equipment to be purchased.
- List projected expenses: (round to the nearest dollar) for workshop, seminar, class or conference.
A. Registration fees
B. Travel expenses (i.e., mileage, ticket, taxi, parking, etc.)
E. Other (itemize)
F. Total Expenses
Or provide three estimates from vendors for the support equipment to be purchased.